Missing: Cases of located girls, women conjure up memories of Wendy Hudakoc
Published 5/17/2013 at 6:00 p.m. 0 comments
The discovery of three women held hostage in a Cleveland home prompted the sister of long-missing Collier teenage Wndy Hudakoc to reflect on the 1998 disapearance.
Naples-Marco had state's fourth-lowest unemployment rate in April
Published 5/17/2013 at 5:50 p.m. 0 comments
Naples-Marco Island boasts the fourth-lowest unemployment rate in the state, according to April numbers released Friday.
Policebeat: Friday, May 17, 2013
Published 5/17/2013 at 5:21 p.m. 0 comments
Southwest Florida crime report
Graduation 2013: First Baptist Academy
Published 5/17/2013 at 5:07 p.m. 0 comments
This is the graduation list for First Baptist Academy.
Missouri man found with missing teens waives extradition
Published 5/17/2013 at 2:04 p.m. 0 comments
A man implicated in the disappearance of two Golden Gate teens last weekend has waived extradition from Kentucky - a decision that should expedite the process of bringing him to justice in Collier County.
SW Florida weather: Heat, humidity on rise this weekend
Published 5/17/2013 at 6:53 a.m. 0 comments
Humidity levels will steadily be on the rise Friday and through the weekend, creating a summerlike feel across Southwest Florida.
Riding into the sunset: King Richard's sells rides, equipment at auction
Published 5/17/2013 at 5:30 a.m. 0 comments
More than 400 King Richard's Family Fun Park items were auctioned Thursday by Norton Auctioneers of Michigan Inc. at the site. From arcade games and rides to restaurant and bar equipment, who were the buyers?
At least two local conservative groups say they were IRS targets
Published 5/17/2013 at 5:05 a.m. 26 comments
Two local conservative groups say they found themselves in the IRS's cross hairs when they applied for tax exempt status. Find out what happend that led to them shutting down.
Parks to close, bus routes eliminated in Lee budget scenario
Updated 5/16/2013 at 3:21 p.m. 0 comments
Lee County would close several public parks, eliminate a few transit bus routes, reduce services for low-income residents and trim jobs under a $15.3 million budget cut scenario that county commissioners and staff will review at a workshop Monday.
Tourism breaks records for early 2013, added 1,700 Collier jobs in '12
Published 5/16/2013 at 8:52 p.m. 8 comments
Collier County employers especially enjoyed the winter tourism season, as nearly $400 million in tourism dollars flowed into restaurants, hotels, stores and other businesses. That's a 10 percent increase from the first quarter of 2012.
Center for Nonprofit Excellence moving to Hodges
Published 5/16/2013 at 7:45 p.m. 1 comment
The Center for Nonprofit Excellence is moving to Hodges University this summer, expanding services and training opportunities for local nonprofit organizations.
Police Beat: Thursday, May 16, 2013
Published 5/16/2013 at 7:31 p.m. 0 comments
This is the police beat for Thursday, May 16, 2013.
Florida's crime rate lowest in 42 years
Published 5/16/2013 at 6:55 p.m. 0 comments
Florida's crime rate is the lowest it has been in 42 years. Collier County and Lee County have seen their crime rates decrease as well. This according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's uniform crime index report, which was ...
Florida's crime rate lowest in 42 years
Published 5/16/2013 at 4:24 p.m. 1 comment
The state of Florida was safer in 2012 than it was in 2011. Collier County and Lee County were safer, too.
Wildlife Hospital: Re-nesting proves successful with two Cooper's hawk nestlings
Published 5/16/2013 at 3:53 p.m. 1 comment
Von Arx Wildlife Hospital at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida reports on its patients for the Naples Daily News.
- May 18th 2013 Color Collier Healthy Run 2013
- May 17th 2013 First Baptist Academy Commencement
- May 17th 2013 Seacrest seniors hunt for college…
- May 17th 2013 Missing Persons in Collier
- May 16th 2013 King Richards assets auctioned off
- May 16th 2013 2013 St. John Neumann Graduation
- May 15th 2013 New Naples Pier fishing rules could…
- May 14th 2013 JetBlue Park prepared for high school…
- May 14th 2013 Gov. Rick Scott visits Pelican Wire
- May 13th 2013 Fugitive Warrants 05-10-2013
- May 13th 2013 Southwest Florida Home Sales: May 13…
- May 11th 2013 2013 Great Dock Canoe Race
- May 7th 2013 Need help downloading your app?
- May 1st 2013 Florida health care bill
- May 1st 2013 Car accident near school bus
- Apr 30th 2013 Rick Scott on teacher pay raises
- Apr 25th 2013 NewsMakers: Don Hunter
- Apr 24th 2013 NewsMakers: Rick Scott
- Apr 23rd 2013 Florida sues BP, Halliburton
- Apr 18th 2013 Moorings Park at Grey Oaks development
- Apr 18th 2013 NewsMakers: Real Estate Panel, Part 2
- Apr 18th 2013 NewsMakers: Real Estate Panel, Part 3
- Apr 18th 2013 NewsMakers: Real Estate Panel, Part 1
- Apr 17th 2013 A Piece of Wisdom
- Baby Boot Camp Miromar Outlets -- 9 A.M.
- Flea and Farmers Market Collier County Fairgrounds -- 7:30 A.M.
- Naples Zoo feature show Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Spa Day at the Springs at Days Inn Days Inn Springs Resort -- 10 A.M.
- Tai Chi Saint Paul's Episcopal Church -- 10:30 A.M.
- Barrier Islands Guided Walk Bowditch Point Recreational Park -- 9:30 A.M.
- Naples Chess Club Starbucks - Napa Boulevard -- 7:15 P.M.
- Parent/Youth Support Group – Mental Illness NAMI of Collier County -- 5:30 P.M.
- Guided Kayak Trip Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center -- 9 A.M.
- Walking Tour: Naples Historic District Palm Cottage - Naples Historical Society -- 9:30 A.M.