Guatemala top court overturns ex-dictator's genocide conviction
Published 5/21/2013 at 5:41 p.m. 0 comments
Guatemala's top court has thrown another curve into the genocide case of former dictator Efrain Rios Montt, overturning his conviction and ordering that the trial be taken back to the middle of the proceedings.
Fiddler's Creek development suit moved from federal back to Collier court
Published 5/19/2013 at 5:00 p.m. 0 comments
Construction in the Fiddler's Creek community east of Naples is ready to rebound, but a lawsuit over how bond money is spent is pending, now moved from federal court to Collier court. New parties have been added to the suit.
Owner of Collier-based Sunshine Pharmacy charged in federal court
Updated 5/14/2013 at 3:52 p.m. 4 comments
Del Parrish, 44, owner of Sunshine Pharmacy and his mother have been charged in federal court, Justice Department records show. Parrish may have engaged in a scheme to defraud Medicare Part D, Medicaid and Tricare military insurance.
Passidomo's foreclosure reform proposal passes Legislature
Updated 5/3/2013 at 2:16 p.m. 22 comments
The state Senate this morning voted 26-13 to approve a measure that speeds up the foreclosure process. The bill – which has been sponsored by Rep. Kathleen Passidomo, R-Naples, for the past three years – now heads to the governor's ...
JetBlue to offer roundtrip flights from Fort Myers to Hartford, Conn.
Published 5/2/2013 at 3:35 p.m. 15 comments
A daily roundtrip flight between Southwest Florida International Airport and Hartford's Bradley International Airport will begin Oct. 24, according to the Lee County Port Authority.
Simpkins sentenced to life for murder of Estero grandmother, Zarb
Published 4/22/2013 at 4:04 p.m. 4 comments
Zarb's son, Greg Lewis, spoke briefly in court, telling Lee Senior Circuit Judge Thomas Reese the case has been "emotionally exhausting and draining." "I hope the rest of his life is filled with heartbreak and misery," Lewis said.
Records: Coastland Center settles suit in molestation of boy in bathroom
Published 4/21/2013 at 8:00 a.m. 23 comments
A Naples teenager who authorities say was molested by a then- Collier County sheriff’s deputy at Coastland Center mall three years ago has settled his lawsuit against the mall and its security company, but the amount and terms are confidential.
Collier woman charged in South Florida with pretending to be Cuban
Published 4/18/2013 at 5:24 p.m. 33 comments
A Collier County woman is among 20 people indicted this week in South Florida, charged with pretending to be Cuban in order to receive special immigration status.
Bonita Springs man gets year in jail for death of wife in golf cart crash
Updated 4/15/2013 at 6:39 p.m. 4 comments
A Bonita Springs man will serve 364 days in jail after pleading no contest Monday to a vehicular homicide charge in the April 2011 death of his wife.
Supreme Court: Can human genes be patented?
Published 4/15/2013 at 5:53 a.m. 4 comments
DNA may be the building block of life, but can something taken from it also be the building block of a multimillion-dollar medical monopoly?
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Feb 12th 2013 Jonathan Rowles, sentencing hearing
- Jan 4th 2013 Jonathan Rowles Verdict
- Sep 24th 2012 David Mobley appears in federal court
- Jun 26th 2012 Jesus Rene Garza rejects 50-year…
- Mar 21st 2012 Trayvon Martin Case
- Mar 6th 2012 John Orr hearing: Lake Park victim…
- Feb 3rd 2012 Former Orion Bank CEO Jerry Williams…
- Dec 29th 2011 Court battle over road to Ted…
- Dec 27th 2011 Moretto receives two life sentences…
- Dec 16th 2011 Gyrene Burger scheduled to open…
- Nov 30th 2011 Margaret Burton-Johnson Case
- Nov 5th 2011 Arrested mother faces deportation…
- May 30th 2012 Election 2012: Miguel Fernandez
- Apr 8th 2011 Damas in court for hearing
- Feb 24th 2011 Interview with Stephen Vanalphen
- Feb 14th 2011 Alex Crain appears in court
- Feb 11th 2011 Menard sentenced to life in prison
- Jan 14th 2011 Reaction to verdict in Couture killing
- Jan 7th 2011 Damas asks to represent himself
- Jan 7th 2011 RAW: Mesac Damas in court
- Sep 30th 2010 Phony war hero sentenced to jail